Error in definition of head element

From: David Meredith <dave@titanmusic.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:31:32 +0100
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>

I am currently lecturing Web technologies at Goldsmiths, University of
London and, in the process of setting my students a task on DTDs, I appear
to have found an error in the DTD for XHTML, available here

Specifically, in this DTD, the definition of the head element is given as

<!ELEMENT head (%head.misc;,
     ((title, %head.misc;, (base, %head.misc;)?) |
      (base, %head.misc;, (title, %head.misc;))))>

However, I think there should be a question mark after the "(title,
%head.misc;)" to indicate that the base element can occur on its own without
a title element. That is, I believe the definition should be as follows:

<!ELEMENT head (%head.misc;,
     ((title, %head.misc;, (base, %head.misc;)?) |
      (base, %head.misc;, (title, %head.misc;)?)))>

Is that right?

Best regards,
Dave Meredith

David Meredith