[ARIA-State / XHTML Role] Re: DTD implementation / Elements with tabindex

From: Martin Kliehm <martin.kliehm@bluemars.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:38:25 +0100
To: public-pfwg-comments@w3.org
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org

I'm slightly irritated because so far nobody showed any reaction /
confirmation regarding my comments from 15 and 17 December?

My first proposal [1] asked for

- a stand-alone ARIA-State DTD (without the XHTML driver bundle)
- a better solution to extend %Common.extra.attrib with both
%xhtml-role.attrs.qname and %aaa.attrs.qname
- a xhtml-role-1.mod that already includes xhtml-role-qname-1.mod
- re-considering the ambiguity of the triple-a namespace
- an explanation why the W3C validator throws an error as soon as the
xmlns attribute appears in XHTML 1.1.

My second proposal [2] suggested tabindex on additional elements that
need focus for common Web 2.0 editing, at least for headlines,
"address", "dt", "dd", "legend", and "label".

What's your opinion?

Best regards,