Re: [XHTMLMod] usemap="" attribute should be URI, not IDREF (PR#9641)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:37:04 +0200, Steven Pemberton
<steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:
> Anne, we agree with you in principle, though as you have seen not
> everyone does.

Well, that was more about what it would mean for it to be "a URI" I think.
Whether it would mean supporting external maps or not. I think it should
be a same-document reference, but the syntax should be a URI for
consistency.

> However, the aim of this revision is to add schema support, and not to
> change the markup languages using Modularization. If we made this
> change, languages that already use this modularization would become
> invalid.

Which is exactly what I want. XHTML 1.1 is creating bug reports in web
browsers on image maps exactly because of mistakes like this.

> Therefore we will postpone adopting this change until we update the
> languages using modularization.

I disagree with this descision. I think it's about time that this change
is reverted.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>