Re: [XHTML 2] 24.1 OBJECT declare and "completed loading" (PR#7751)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:35:20 +0100
To: "Shane McCarron" <xhtml2-issues@hades.mn.aptest.com>, jim@jibbering.com
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:40:09 +0100, Shane McCarron
<xhtml2-issues@hades.mn.aptest.com> wrote:
> As you know, there was quite a bit of discussion about this issue.  In
> the end,
> the group concolded that it could not implement your suggestion.
> Specifically,
> the text in XHTML 2 is meant to represent the actual behavior in real
> world
> browsers, as determined by the HTML Working Group.  It was influenced by
> Microsoft, Netscape, and Opera in particular.  Consequently, the working
> group
> is not willing to revert to the HTML 4 text.

As far as I know we do not support XHTML 2.0 in any version of Opera. I
would love to see testcases that back up this statement.

Also, has an errata been made for HTML 4 given that apparently the WG
thought the specification was inaccurate?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>