Re: schemas for XML Modularization

From: <Paul.V.Biron@kp.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:28:30 -0700
To: mimasa@w3.org
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org
> Because we are still working over minor details to make Schema
> modularization really work, based on implementation feedback.
> We published "Modularization of XHTML in XML Schema" and it went
> through Last Call [2], and then we published "Modularization of
> XHTML 1.0 - Second Edition" as a Working Draft [3] which
> incorporated XML Schemas as promised.  As soon as we finish
> necessary editing, we expect to advance "Modularization of XHTML
> 1.0 - Second Edition" to Proposed Edited Recommendation, and
> that should happen pretty soon.  Stay tuned.
>
> > [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xhtml-modularization-20010410
>
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xhtml-m12n-schema-20031003
> [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml-modularization-20040218

Thanx for the update.

What got me looking for these schemas is that Michael Sperberg-McQueen
mentioned to me that there were problems because at least one schema
processor wasrejecting the schema documents (partly because of circular
includes).  As circular includes are perfectly OK per the schema
spec...and the processor in question has no problems with circular
includes...I thought I'd try to figure out what was actually going on.

If you need any help in "debugging" the schema documents, by all means,
let me know, I'd be glad to help.

pvb