Re: schemas for XML Modularization

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:15:53 +0900
To: Paul.V.Biron@kp.org
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

Paul.V.Biron@kp.org wrote:

> I just noticed that appendices A-C of XML Modularization [1] have language
> like:

(I suppose you meant "XHTML" Modularization)

>         This appendix will contain instructions on how to define XML Schema
>         modules that are compatible with the XHTML Modularization implementation
>         via XML Schema [XMLSCHEMA] when XML Schema becomes a W3C
>         Recommendation.
>
> Why have these sections not be replaced, since it has been over 4 years
> since XML Schema became a rec?

Because we are still working over minor details to make Schema
modularization really work, based on implementation feedback.
We published "Modularization of XHTML in XML Schema" and it went
through Last Call [2], and then we published "Modularization of
XHTML 1.0 - Second Edition" as a Working Draft [3] which
incorporated XML Schemas as promised.  As soon as we finish
necessary editing, we expect to advance "Modularization of XHTML
1.0 - Second Edition" to Proposed Edited Recommendation, and
that should happen pretty soon.  Stay tuned.

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xhtml-modularization-20010410

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xhtml-m12n-schema-20031003
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml-modularization-20040218

Regards,