Re: XHTML2: Meta Data Use Cases / Requirements document?

Bjoern,

It sounds like you're asking for specific schema guidelines. The job of
this task force is not to specify one schema for everyone, but rather
to enable people to use whatever schema fits their need within standard
XHTML and RDF.

In your first example, I don't know of a schema for interacting with
search engines and indexers. It might be worth defining one, but that
would not be part of this particular group's mission.

In your second example, you probably want to use Dublin Core attributes
(http://dublincore.org) to specify an author. I believe the Dublin Core
attribute is Creator, with the fully-qualified RDF property
http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/creator

Certainly, Dublin Core is not the only schema you can use, but it is a
popular one for this type of basic document information.

-Ben Adida
ben@mit.edu