Re: XHTML2: Meta Data Use Cases / Requirements document?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 01:54:38 +0200
To: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, www-html-editor@w3.org

* Ben Adida wrote:
>It sounds like you're asking for specific schema guidelines. The job of
>this task force is not to specify one schema for everyone, but rather
>to enable people to use whatever schema fits their need within standard
>XHTML and RDF.

No, I am interested in functionality that derives from using meta data.
And I am interested in ease of use of meta data facilities in XHTML 2.
It seems that the current XHTML 2.0 Working Draft offers neither, but
rather allows open-end extensibility just like HTML 2 did, just with a
few new ways to encode the meta data which are all difficult to use,
and with a number of features removed.

>In your second example, you probably want to use Dublin Core attributes
>(http://dublincore.org) to specify an author. I believe the Dublin Core
>attribute is Creator, with the fully-qualified RDF property
>http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/creator

I want to extract, not encode this information. I do not know what other
authors use to encode the information, so how can I know how to extract
the information?