Re: Clarifications

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:33:42 +0900 (JST)
To: karthikeyank@ibc.co.in
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org
"karthikeyank" <karthikeyank@ibc.co.in> wrote:

> What i need is , wheather the w3c.org is going to stop the further version onHTML or it will be releasing the further versions.

It is unlikely that there will be a newer version of HTML beyond 4.01.
4.01 is just a bug-fix version of 4.0, and the W3C HTML Working Group
will not add any new functionality to HTML 4 anymore.

The W3C HTML Working Group is now developing XHTML (Extensible
HyperText Markup Language), moving its basis from SGML to XML.
A couple of XHTML specifications have already become W3C
Recommendations.  To learn more, I'd suggest to read the HTML
Activity Statement at:

    http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Activity

Regards,
--