Re: Question about "target"

From: Darin McGrew <mcgrew@stanfordalumni.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:24:37 -0800
To: "Murrell, Thomas" <TMurrell@alldata.net>
Cc: "'www-html-editor@w3.org'" <www-html-editor@w3.org>
> I don't know if this is an error in the Validator or an error in the XHTML
> 1.0 Frameset DTD, but I get a validation error when I have a 'target'
> attribute in a link.

The TARGET atttribute is one of the additions for frames.  AFAIK, the spec
doesn't explicitly state that frames are deprecated, but nothing
frame-related is in the Strict DTD (it's all in the Transitional DTD and
the Frameset DTD), so frames seem to be implicitly deprecated.

Darin McGrew, mcgrew@stanfordalumni.org, http://www.rahul.net/mcgrew/
    Web Design Group, darin@htmlhelp.com, http://www.htmlhelp.com/

"Habits change into character." -- Ovid