Question about "target"

From: Murrell, Thomas <TMurrell@alldata.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:05:53 -0500
To: "'www-html-editor@w3.org'" <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Cc: "'darin@htmlhelp.com'" <darin@htmlhelp.com>
I don't know if this is an error in the Validator or an error in the XHTML
1.0 Frameset DTD, but I get a validation error when I have a 'target'
attribute in a link.

When I look at the HTML 4.01 spec, I seem to find that 'target' is not
deprecated, nor do I see anything in the XHTML 1.0 spec that deprecates
'target'.

I've even tried to find a <style> property in CSS1 or CSS2 that I could use
in place of the 'target' attribute, with no success.

At this point, I'm lost. I've also read the FAQs associated with the
Validator Service, and it claims the 'target' attribute is VALID.

Any guidance you have at this point would be appreciated.

Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems, Inc.
mailto:tmurrell@alldata.net