Re: Minor typographical errors that are not corrected

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 11:52:17 -0400
To: UCHIDA Akira <UCHIDA@happy.email.ne.jp>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org
UCHIDA Akira wrote:
> Dear editors, I found six errors that are not corrected yet.

> (1) Section 2.1.1
>     Error report says 'The phrase "accessible via the path "/TR/REC-html4/".
>     should end with "/TR/REC-html40/".'.
>     The paragraph includes that sentence was rewrote indeed.

Changed in HTML 4.01 to:

        Consider the URI that designates the W3C Technical Reports page:

        This URI may be read as follows: There is a document
        available via the HTTP protocol (see [RFC2616]),
        residing on the machine www.w3.org, accessible via the path
> (2) Section 6.5.1
>     Error report says 'The first sentence needs the indefinite article "a"
>     before the word "document".'.
>     The sentence was changed to "Although colors can add significant
>     amounts of information to documents and make them more readable,
>     please consider the following guidelines when including color in your
>     documents:" indeed.

Corrected in HTML 4.01 to "documents"

> (3) Section (not corrected)
>     The sentence "The first COL element refers to the first 39 columns
>     (doing nothing special to them) and the second one assigns an id value
>     to the fortieth columns so that style sheets may refer to it." should
>     have "fortieth column" instead.

Corrected in HTML 4.01.
> (4) Section 11.2.5 (not corrected)
>     For the TR element, in the section "Attributes defined elsewhere",
>     bgcolor is missing.

I will add.

> (5) Section 11.4.1
>     Error report says 'First bullet, second sentence. "Note that its not
>     always possible" should have "it's" instead.', but it shoud be read
>     "First bullet, third sentence".

> (6) Section 16.4.1 (missing one attribute)
>     The list of "attributes defined elsewhere" was inadvertently omitted
>     after the definition of NOFRAMES. These attributes are: name, id,
>     lang, dir, title, style, and the %events; attributes.
>     The name attribute is still missing.

It shouldn't be name. It should be class.

 - Ian

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783