Comment on HTML4

From: <wayne.davis@srs.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:51 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
The draft document refers to URL as being the acronymn for "Universal" Resource
Locator. It even references RFC1738 in doing so.

Quoteing from RFC1738:
"This document describes the syntax and semantics for a compact string
 representation for a resource available via the Internet.  These
 strings are called "Uniform Resource Locators" (URLs)."

I often see references to URLs as "Universal" rather than "Uniform" Resource
Locators. Some people think that it doesn't matter which you call it, it reminds
me of the quote I heard once "The wonderful thing about Standards is that there
are so many of them" ;-)

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,
Wayne Davis