Re: XForms and APP clients

From: Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh@defuze.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:41:45 +0100
To: "Klotz, Leigh" <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
CC: Nikunj Mehta <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>, Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>, www-forms@w3.org, atom-protocol Protocol <atom-protocol@imc.org>

Klotz, Leigh a écrit :
> XForms 1.1 will add the ability to both set headers and to inspect HTTP
> return codes (necessary for delete).
> I expressed my concerns about using HTTP headers in APP a long time ago,
> but the consensus was that the value of having identical XML data was so
> great that the out-of-band channel was necessary.  It's a pity that now
> that the APP data isn't strictly identical that there's still one header
> requires, but c'est la vie, and XForms 1.1 will accommodate it.
> Leigh.

Well the Slug header is not a property of the entity sent but of a hint
to build the URI at which th resource will be found. It seems therefore
reasonable to make it extern to the entity sent. Besides how would you
do with non XML data sent? The Slug header is actually mainly for media
content such as binary data.

- Sylvain