RE: XForms and APP clients

From: Klotz, Leigh <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 16:58:27 -0700
To: "Nikunj Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>, "Elliotte Harold" <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>, <www-forms@w3.org>, "atom-protocol Protocol" <atom-protocol@imc.org>

XForms 1.1 will add the ability to both set headers and to inspect HTTP
return codes (necessary for delete).
I expressed my concerns about using HTTP headers in APP a long time ago,
but the consensus was that the value of having identical XML data was so
great that the out-of-band channel was necessary.  It's a pity that now
that the APP data isn't strictly identical that there's still one header
requires, but c'est la vie, and XForms 1.1 will accommodate it.
Leigh.