XPath extension functions in XForms

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 06:36:34 -0400
To: www-forms@w3.org

Do any of the existing XForms engines add their own vendor-sepcific
extension functions to XPath? That is, functions that are not standard
parts of XForms 1.0? if so, can anyone provide or point me to more
details about these functions?

Also, must such functions be namespaced and prefixed like XSLT extension
functions? Or can they be simple local names like sin(). cos(), and tan()?

Finally, do any vendors provide a means for users to write their own
extension functions? If so, can anyone provide or point me to more
details about the relevant APIs?

Thanks.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!