Re: XPath extension functions in XForms

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:16:16 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

Elliotte Harold wrote:
 > Do any of the existing XForms engines add their own vendor-sepcific
 > extension functions to XPath? That is, functions that are not standard
 > parts of XForms 1.0? if so, can anyone provide or point me to more
 > details about these functions?

Orbeon Forms supports several extension functions, documented here:

Note that Orbeon Forms uses XPath 2.0, and comes with support for all
the XPath 2.0 functions.

 > Also, must such functions be namespaced and prefixed like XSLT
 > extension functions? Or can they be simple local names like
 > sin(). cos(), and tan()?

We chose to prefix them to avoid polluting the namespace. I think that
this is good practice in general. It also makes it clear that you are
using functions which may not work with other XForms processors.