Re: loading instance as .XML page

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:52:10 +0100
To: www-forms <www-forms@w3.org>

Hi Iņaki,

> I will finally do it in a Leigh-like way, but submitting data to a servlet
> instead of a cgi (and the servlet will save the post-xml as xml document in
> the DB with the xslt processing instruction on it) and then a xforms:load
> @new action (inside submission) will load the document using the path that
> the servlet returned from submission.

But isn't that just the same as doing:

  <xf:submission
    method="..." action="..."
    replace="all"
  />

This will replace your current document with the results from the
server. I got the impression from your initial mail that there was
some reason you couldn't do this.

> Mark, how can I turn my use case into a feature request? I must send it to
> this mailing list or there are another channel?.

I think you could send it to this list to begin with, and get some
discussion going.

Regards,

Mark

--