Re: A possibility to bind XMLSchema to <instance> element, not only to <model>. What do you think?

From: Victor Bolshov <crocodile2u@yandex.ru>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:59:53 +0400
To: mark.birbeck@x-port.net
CC: www-forms@w3.org

Mark Birbeck wrote:

> Hi Victor,
>
> Normal schema rules will still apply, so you'll probably need to
> ensure that all of your namespaces are correct. This means that if you
> load two schemas in the way that Leigh described, by using schema
> namespaces in the schema definition you could have each schema
> 'attach' to completely separate instances.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Hi Mark!
I know I can attach multiple schemas to the only model, and schema rules
will apply... My concern is more about <bind>s - and the "type"
attribute in <bind>. Currently, we need to duplicate type definitions in
XMLSchema and in the <bind>s - if we want the form-control to be
correctly rendered, and the schema restrictions be applied to the
user-provided value.
What I want is that <bind> could "read" the XMLSchema attached to the
<instance> and apply the datatype based on its XMLSchema-definition and
the "nodeset" XPath expression.

I think I just have not described the problem so that everyone could get
it - this is possibly due to me lacking experience and poor knowledge of
specific terms. (this is why I prefer to speak with examples).

best regards, Victor.