Re: Because type is for datatype, there should not be a problem for XForms Basic

On 5/3/06, John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> On the technical question you asked, I think that mixed content would never be invalid according to
> the XForms type MIP because XForms type is only for assigning datatypes, which means to me that
> the type MIP has nothing whatsoever to do with elements that do not contain datatype-able content.

And to me datatypes are both simple and complex schema types.
Regarding that, I asked you what I missed (if anything) in a mail of
April 4th. You never answered.

> The example you give below of xforms:input ref="/data" would actually cause a binding to the first
> text node child of the data element, not the data element itself.

That's not true. The binding is to the element, but the displayed
content is the first text node child of data.

--
... Allan