Re: AJAX vs. Xforms

Joern Turner wrote:

> you asking for conformant, free-as-in-speech, multiplatform
> implementations but what are you willing to give for that? Everybody
> likes Open Source and free (of charge) implementations but hardly one
> likes to actively support projects that try to deliver those
> implementations be it with coding, publishing or (for gods sake) money.

I have indeed offered significant work to an open source XForms project.
  I was ignored. There are open source projects that are worth
supporting, and there are open source projects that are written by rank
amateurs who couldn't code their way out of a paper bag. Sadly, some of
the open source XForms projects fall into the latter category.

For what it's worth, I don't include Chiba and Orbeon in this class.
Those I haven't used. I think those projects have problems too, but
they're of a different nature. I'm not convinced of the feasibility,
usability, or maintainability of a primarily server-side solution; but
that's an argument for another thread.