W3C XForms: Rest In Peace

From: Gerald Bauer <luxorxul@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 12:10:55 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi,

  I guess the silence following my last mail titled
"XUL Alliance Site Goes Live - New XML UI Standards
Body Emerging?" speaks for itself.

  That I'm not alone, may I quote Brendan Eich
(Mozilla Roadmap Author) from his slashdot post:

<quote>
XUL with some form-submission smarts, but using
XML-RPC, SOAP, WSDL, or whatever's appropriate, should
become the basis for web applications. XUL widgets
should form the kernel of a pragmatic XForms
implementation.
</quote>

  Any thoughts?

  - Gerald