Re: XML Schema as a basis to form construction / documents instantiat ion

From: joern turner <joern.turner@web.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:39:54 +0100
To: "Franco, Alexandre" <Alexandre_Franco@Dell.com>
CC: "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>

Hello Franco,
Franco, Alexandre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting to learn XForms, but I have an idea that some of you may
> already have worked on: I would like to use XML Schema as a basis for web
> forms construction. It's not the same as XForms, in fact it's much simpler:
>
>            XML Schema  --->> Form Processor + User Input --->> XML Document
> Instance
>
> I would like to know your opinions about this work, have anyone built
> something like this? Is it feasible?
The Chiba XForms project http://sourceforge.net/projects/chiba has a XML
Schema2XForms generator implemented as an Ant task. you'll put in a XML
Schema and get a complete XForms document out that conforms with that
Schema and allows data-entry of valid instances. it uses some defaults
to solve ambiguities arising for the UI control selection.

it's currently only available from cvs directly but will be part of the
next release later this month. - look at the build.xml file for basic
information on usage.

hope this helps,

Joern Turner