Re: FORMs and GET

At 12:43 PM 1/17/2002 -0800, Paul Prescod wrote:
>"John J. Barton" wrote:
> >
> > At 04:51 PM 1/16/2002 -0800, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > >... If GET
> > >has serious limitations (e.g. relating to i18n) then those need to be
> > >solved, not worked around.
> >
> > Ok, but why should that be the job of XFORMs?  Let XFORMs be a
> > really good XML FORMs solution and solve other problems seperately.
>
>Are XForms "XML Forms"? According to the spec they are the "successor to
>HTML forms". If this is true, I consider it a problem if there are
>things that HTML forms do that XForms do not. Even if we say that XForms
>are XML forms, it is sometimes the case that you simply cannot hard-code
>the target of the form. You don't necessarily know in advance. If I want
>to contribute to a Yahoo category then I might want to submit XML *to
>the category*. I may select the category through client-side widgets.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to claim anything about the target of the form.
All I was only suggesting that fixing problems with encoding form values
into URLs isn't a problem for the group working on XForms.  They have enough
problems to solve.

John J. Barton          email:  John_Barton@hpl.hp.com
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/John_Barton/index.htm
MS 1U-17  Hewlett-Packard Labs
1501 Page Mill Road              phone: (650)-236-2888
Palo Alto CA  94304-1126         FAX:   (650)-857-5100