Re: FORMs and GET

"John J. Barton" wrote:

> At 04:51 PM 1/16/2002 -0800, Paul Prescod wrote:
> >... If GET
> >has serious limitations (e.g. relating to i18n) then those need to be
> >solved, not worked around.
>
> Ok, but why should that be the job of XFORMs?  Let XFORMs be a
> really good XML FORMs solution and solve other problems seperately.

Are XForms "XML Forms"? According to the spec they are the "successor to
HTML forms". If this is true, I consider it a problem if there are
things that HTML forms do that XForms do not. Even if we say that XForms
are XML forms, it is sometimes the case that you simply cannot hard-code
the target of the form. You don't necessarily know in advance. If I want
to contribute to a Yahoo category then I might want to submit XML *to
the category*. I may select the category through client-side widgets.

 Paul Prescod