Re: FORMs and GET

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:24:11 -0500 (EST)
To: John_Barton@hpl.hp.com (John J. Barton)
Cc: paul@prescod.net (Paul Prescod), www-forms@w3.org
So are XForms expecting to replace HTML forms?  When I was in the HTML
WG, while XForms work was happening there, I didn't recall any mention
of this.

If XForms doesn't support GET, HTML forms will always need to exist and
be incorporated into any spec that XForms wants to be integrated into
(such as a future XHTML version).  But I could see HTML forms being
used primarily for the GET method, while XForms were used exclusively
for POST (and maybe PUT 8-).  That would be fine.

MB