XForms 3.2.2 Linking Attributes

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:22:18 EDT
To: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editors@w3.org

Chapter 3.2.2 refers to a src attribute which is stated as behaving like an
XLink 1.0 link.

Two points:
1. I suggest that it be specified whether this linking behaviour corresponds
to XLink simple links, extended links or both
2. If the attribute has XLink-compliant behaviour why isn't it in the XLink
namespace with XLink attribute names?

I know that the HTML WG is thinking (wisely or unwisely) of
ignoring/reinventing partially/completely XLink. (See the discussion on the
XML-Dev list for a less compacted description of the issues).

It seems to me that XForms would be wiser - following SVG etc in this - in
specifying XLink-compliant attributes in the XLink namespace.

The issue of XLink versus alternate approaches has been flagged for
examination at the W3C TAG. I assume WG members are aware of that process.
The Issue number is 23 at TAG.

Andrew Watt