XForms UI controls customization with CSS and SVG

From: Antoine Quint <antoine@graougraou.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:54:58 +0200
To: "XForms" <www-forms@w3.org>
Hello there,

This is my first post here, and I'm still very new in the Xforms world.
I am looking into implementing XForms UI controls with SVG. I have a
questions regarding use of style. Consider this as an Xforms document
fragment within an SVG document:

  <selectOne xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/01/xforms"
selectUI="listbox">
    <item>
      <caption>Vanilla</caption>
      <value>v</value>
    </item>
    <item>
      <caption>Strawberry</caption>
      <value>s</value>
    </item>
    <item>
      <caption>Chocolate</caption>
      <value>c</value>
    </item>
  </selectOne>

I intend on rendering this very much like an HTML <select>. Thing is I
would like it to be very styleable in order to take into account SVG's
potential there. Would this be an ok mechanism to use a "style"
attribute filled with CSS on my selectOne element? I would like to be
able to specify the border color of the combo box, the color of the
little arrow, the text etc. On top of pure visual styling, I would like
to specify how many items should be displayed at a time when the combo
box is activated. Thanks for your help,

Antoine