RE: XForms UI controls customization with CSS and SVG

From: Plechsmíd Martin <Martin.Plechsmid@merlin.cz>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:01:22 +0200
To: "'Micah Dubinko'" <MDubinko@cardiff.com>, "'www-forms@w3.org'" <www-forms@w3.org>
> >forms are written purely in an abstract way using XForms
> elements only
>
> Sounds interesting. Could you post an example perhaps?

See the attachment. Though, I don't think there is anything extraordinary
with our forms. The refered XSLT stylesheet includes our general XForms
engine and contains formatting information for this particular form.

> Is your implementation public?

Unfortunately not. It is a project of my company.

> We totally agree that a 'class' attribute is a good idea, and  a key
factor
> in separating presentational aspects. The only detail is that  the
definition
> comes from outside the XForms specification.

I consider this an advantage, not a disadvantage. Various formatting
languages can be used then, even those that you - as one of the authors of
the XForms specification - don't know about. The forms authors should not be
bounded to any particular formatting language.

	Martin.