Giles,

you are right, to my knowledge there currently is
no XForms implementation since it was simply to early
until now. And even now with the new spec, the chances
are still high that the spec will change significantly
(based on the feedback we get).

But talking with no hat on, I am sure we will see first
XForms implementations later this year. Also, I'm
confident that there will be sufficient migration paths
so we can use some of the power of XForms fairly soon.

Breaking up the spec into smaller modules would surely
make prelimarily implementations easier. The only
question is, where do we draw the line, ie. how many
modules do we want, and which module has the most
immediate value? Is it the XForms Model without the UI?
Or just the XForms UI with the Model? Or even just
a portion of the XForms Model with Binding?

Regards,

Sebastian