RE: "The special people" - was: www 10 conference (off-topic)

From: Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer <schnitz@mozquito.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:07:23 +0200
To: "Michael Earls" <michael@cerkit.com>
Cc: <www-forms@w3.org>
	<snip>...</snip>
	Let's finish up XForms and watch as it takes 10 years to get rid
of all of
	the User Agents we have today in exchange for the "new" XForms
UA.
	<snip>...</snip>

	I'm taking my hat as XForms co-chair off, because based on this
one sentence I must tell *you* to relax here. I have nothing about the
rest of the email, but such a statement let's me and the other people
think what we are doing here is completely worthless. I think such a
statement is completely counterproductive, it is thinking of the type
that everything is at it is and you cannot change things so you
shouldn't even try to do so. I'm not sure out of which camp you're
coming from, but if more people would think like you, XML and even the
Web itself would have never taken off in the first place.

	Let me tell you that there will be a myriad ways for XForms to
penetrate the market. The old Netscape/Microsoft desktop browser web
world is long gone, we have a bunch of new devices, markets and players,
all to which XForms is targetted towards. XForms is *not* something
purely intended for Netscape and Microsoft to adopt, but the next
generation of web forms for *all* XML-based applications, the basis of
all interactivity and business on the web, and the first major
improvement to web forms since 1993! This thing will take off big time,
it has already.

	- Sebastian

	There's a lot of work to be done to spend so much time arguing
over elitist
	attitudes about colored paper and special glasses.

	My .02.

	Michael Earls