Re: EOT & DMCA concerns

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 15:08:14 -0700
CC: www-font@w3.org
Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> I don't think "EOT Lite" is such a good idea. I don't *any* standard
> should have the word "lite" in it:

No argument from me about that. One of the first responses to Ascender's
EOT Lite proposal from many of my colleagues was 'We've got to call it
something better than that!'. Not only does 'Lite' suggest a
relationship to EOT that is clearly confusing even to the people on this
list, its kinda tacky and suggests beer that doesn't taste of anything.

JH