RE: A way forward

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:07:17 +0000
To: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>
CC: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, www-font <www-font@w3.org>
If they're not, then EOT-Lite isn't very useful, since serving non-free fonts to IE users (its great advantage) will require burdensome and fragile Referer checking.

Yup. Whether that’s so burdensome it’s worth designing a new format should not, however, be up to a tiny group of browser vendor representatives. I’d like authors to voice their opinion. I am also asking Ascender to clarify their licensing policy.