Re: A way forward

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 09:55:25 +1200
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, www-font <www-font@w3.org>
On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

> If the EULA requires same-origin restrictions, then Firefox is the only
> browser
> that can implement EOT-Lite and comply with this EULA in the very near
> term.

Are font vendors willing to license fonts for use in the EOT-Lite format and
with no requirement for same-origin restrictions?

If they are, I'm surprised.

If they're not, then EOT-Lite isn't very useful, since serving non-free
fonts to IE users (its great advantage) will require burdensome and fragile
Referer checking.

Rob
53:5-6]