Re: .webfont Proposal

On Jul 9, 2009, at 12:08 AM, Thomas Lord wrote:

> Suppose that all of that is fine with you
> and Erik and the font vendors.  You can separate
> representation from logical structure and have a more binary
> friendly format such as MIME.  You can work with,
> perhaps extending, the ccREL vocabulary.

I'l have a look, thanks.

Two concerns though.

At first glance it seems ccREL offers licensing info on elements that
end up on a page, which implies some sort of UI behaviour. A font
would not have a straightforward location for such data, as it is
everywhere and nowhere.

Working with ccREL would mean trying to convince the Creative Commons
about adding support for non-CC proprietary stuff? While these are all
sympathetic folks, it would just be another uphill battle. I think we
can take ideas from proposals like ccREL, it certainly helps to be
able to point to precedence.

>  I would suggest that
> the meta-data should be HTML.

In which context would this be visible?