RE: Fonts WG Charter feedback

You can't tell my gender but you can tell I'm frothing at the mouth ? :)

All browsers would require changes regardless of what proposals are implemented. That would qualify as 'exact same' software.
If simple logic is abusive, well, so be it. I'm not interested in debating that.

>Would you like to discuss in more detail how my
>proposal significantly differs?  Or, are
>we just muddying the waters here?
If by 'discussion' you mean more flat assertions that everything else is bad but your proposal is good because it
addresses a non-issue as far as this mailing list is concerned (licensing anything vs. font licensing) then no, not interested. Expanding the issue to
any resource type does in fact muddy the waters *for me* and others. And I will once again suggest you may have more success if you stopped assuming this should be a requirement
or an issue that needs fixing. I consider it mission creep and that's not helpful. The topic here is web fonts.

If you can, however, coherently articulate why certain changes constitute bloat and other functionally equivalent changes to the *exact same* software do not, then sure.

But I do have a favor: if I'm not convinced, or if I disagree, or if I just don't respond, there is really no need to question my honesty, my personal or professional motives or
extrapolate into corporate psychology. Let's stick to the technical. If we can't get on the same wave length in that realm, there is limited marginal value at this point in getting into the rest. At least over email and in public. I prefer the why-I-hate-Microsoft chats a lot better in person over beers.