Re: Fonts WG Charter feedback

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:49:12 +1200
To: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Cc: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, HÃ¥kon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotypeimaging.com>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Chris Wilson
<Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>wrote:

Robert O'Callahan wrote:

*>*We already said we felt pretty good about Ascender's previous proposal.
> I'm not so keen on the new one...
>
> Can you be more specific?

This proposal seems like something we could implement, assuming direct
TTF/OTF font linking continues to be supported as well:
http://blog.fontembedding.com/post/2009/06/10/New-Web-Fonts-Proposal.aspx

This one is less appealing, for reasons that I've mentioned already in these
threads (unnecessary complexity, deployment and interop issues arising from
confusion between "EOT Lite" and "Full EOT")
http://blog.fontembedding.com/post/2009/06/29/Revised-Web-Fonts-Proposal.aspx

Rob
53:5-6]