Re: [DOM3Events] MouseEvent.buttons

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 00:08:00 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>I thought the idea was to not introduce any new bitmasks? Was there
>any discussion on the addition of this feature that I missed? It does
>not appear to be implemented in WebKit at the moment.

For what it's worth, I looked into this in the context of the previous
thread, and this new feature was introduced three "Last Calls" ago, and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0738.html
at the time there was not much agreement around that "idea". You would
have to look for archived discussions, if any, in late 2009. I certainly
do think a bitfield is a bad choice for this particular feature.