Re: [DOM3Events] MouseEvent.buttons

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 00:08:00 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>I thought the idea was to not introduce any new bitmasks? Was there
>any discussion on the addition of this feature that I missed? It does
>not appear to be implemented in WebKit at the moment.

For what it's worth, I looked into this in the context of the previous
thread, and this new feature was introduced three "Last Calls" ago, and
at the time there was not much agreement around that "idea". You would
have to look for archived discussions, if any, in late 2009. I certainly
do think a bitfield is a bad choice for this particular feature.