Re: ReSpec BiblioDB Entry for DOM Level 4 Events

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 13:22:16 +0000
To: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Hi Jacob,

On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Jacob Rossi wrote:

> It's published as an Editor's Draft by the Web Apps WG under the name "DOM 4 Events."
My apologies, but I'm a still a bit confused. When I said published, I meant on /TR/. Has the Web Apps Working Group agreed to publish this specification (under the current name)?  I don't see this specification either in the charter or in the list of published specs:

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus
http://www.w3.org/2012/webapps/charter/

Can you please clarify? If the specification has not been approved for publication by the Working Group, it should not use the ED template. To avoid confusion, it should use the unofficial template:

http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/w3c-unofficial.css

which is for "Style for an Unofficial Draft Proposal".

The same goes for:
http://html5labs.interoperabilitybridges.com/dom4events/

As it may cause confusion (as happened to me). It would be best if the above one was deleted and only the one at the w3c existed.

Thanks!

--
Marcos Caceres