Re: ReSpec BiblioDB Entry for DOM Level 4 Events

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 08:50:56 -0500
To: ext Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
CC: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
On 1/7/13 8:22 AM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Jacob Rossi wrote:
>
>> It's published as an Editor's Draft by the Web Apps WG under the name "DOM 4 Events."
> When I said published, I meant on /TR/. Has the Web Apps Working Group agreed to publish this specification (under the current name)?  I don't see this specification either in the charter or in the list of published specs:

I think DOM 4 Events is within the scope of WebApps' current charter
(f.ex. see <http://www.w3.org/2012/webapps/charter/#maintenance>).

> If the specification has not been approved for publication by the Working Group, it should not use the ED template.

I think it is OK for
<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/d4e/raw-file/tip/source_respec.htm> to use the
W3C's ED template since it is within WebApps' scope (even though we all
acknowledge there has been no CfC to publish a FPWD).

> http://html5labs.interoperabilitybridges.com/dom4events/

I agree the above should not use the W3C ED template.

-AB