Re: [dom] Introduction to Events

From: Sweeney, Kevin <Kevin.Sweeney@vimeo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:38:48 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Looks good, Anne. Few suggestions that I had:

"Objects on which events<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-event> are dispatched<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-event-dispatch>"
I think "from" would be a better preposition than "on", as it fits better with "dispatched".

"It is passed as argument to event listener<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-event-listener>'s callback"
Are we planning to define/reference "callback"? This might not be immediately apparent to someone new to the language. At the least, it could be good to clarify as a callback function.

"Applications who wish to make use of this functionality through events<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-event> dispatched<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-event-dispatch> by the application (synthetic events) can make use of the return value of the dispatchEvent()<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#dom-eventtarget-dispatchevent> method. "
An example could be useful here.