Re: [DOM3Events] keyCode and charCode [ISSUE-133]

From: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 05:41:33 +0000
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "simonp@opera.com" <simonp@opera.com>, "schepers@w3.org" <schepers@w3.org>
CC: "hallvord@opera.com" <hallvord@opera.com>
I'm fine with putting this back to being supplemental given the additional spec text.

However, to be clear, Microsoft has no intentions in the near future of changing our keyCode/charCode behavior. We'll keep our existing implementation for legacy compat support. Going forward, key/char are our recommended APIs.

Cheers,

Jacob