Accessibility Additions to DOM3 Events

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:17:46 -0400
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>, Olli Pettay <olli.pettay@gmail.com>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi, Olli, Travis-

On the Hypertext Coordination Group telcon, we discussed the UI
Independence for ARIA draft [1], which has some possible implications
for DOM3 Events.  I've addressed this as a high-level overview here [2],
but I do think there are parts we could usefully and easily integrate
into DOM3 Events.

I'd really like to have you guys join us on the follow-up call for this,
on Monday.  Rich or Janina can pass on the details about the Protocols
and Formats WG telcon.  Do you think you could join us?

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010JulSep/att-0106/UserInterfaceIndependence.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-cg/2010OctDec/0013.html
(Member-only, for no good reason :( )