Re: ISSUE-131 (defaultView load ): Define load event to fire on defaultView [DOM3 Events]

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 09:31:37 +0200
To: "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>, "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hallvord@opera.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org, "Simon Pieters" <simonp@opera.com>
On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 07:22:28 +0200, Hallvord R. M. Steen
<hallvord@opera.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 03:29:49 +0900, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
> wrote:
>> Note: for legacy reasons, the load event does not propagate to the
>> defaultView in HTML implementations.
>
> My suggestion would be something like
>
> Note: for legacy reasons, load events dispatched when resources inside
> the document are loaded do not propagate to the defaultView in HTML
> implementations. The load event for the document itself is dispatched on
> the defaultView as described in [HTML5].

Isn't that wrong? Because all events are dispatched on defaultView as per
HTML5. Nothing propagates automatically. It is just that HTML5 defines an
exception for the load event here. I still DOM Level 3 Events should say
nothing about this at all and leave Window to where Window is defined.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/