Re: Special group of functions for NON-ELEMENT nodes in document

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:10:37 -0400
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Matt Dockerty" <matt@nistrum.co.uk>, www-dom@w3.org, www-dom-request@w3.org
>The idea was to introduce this for the DOM at some point as I understand
>it, but I haven't tracked it much.

Given that these operations can be done with the DOM traversal module, or
with a bit of trivial code wrapped around the DOM, I don't think there's
going to be a lot of interest in having the DOM add those operations.

At least, I hope not.

(Speaking as a past DOM WG member and as someone who has implemented and
maintained DOMs.)

"... Three things see no end: A loop with exit code done wrong,
A semaphore untested, And the change that comes along. ..."
  -- "Threes" Rev 1.1 - Duane Elms / Leslie Fish
(http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/songs/threes-rev-11.html)