L3 Core: 'check-character-normalization' underspecified

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:56:34 -0600
To: www-dom@w3.org

  Check if the characters in the document are fully normalized,  as
defined in appendix B of [XML 1.1].

What actions should be expected if a character in the document is not
fully normalized?  I'd assume that an error should be dispatched, but
the spec doesn't say.

What should be the behavior if both check-character-normalization and
normalize-characters are specified as true?  Are there any interaction
between the parameters?  It might make sense that setting one unsets
the other.

As far as I am aware there are no implementations supporting either of
these parameter being true.