Re: L3 Core: 'check-character-normalization' underspecified

From: Andrew Clover <and-w3@doxdesk.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:43:40 +0000
To: www-dom@w3.org

Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com> wrote:

> What actions should be expected if a character in the document is not
> fully normalized?  I'd assume that an error should be dispatched, but
> the spec doesn't say.

LS specifies a 'check-character-normalization-failure' DOMError. Perhaps
this ought to be in Core, though given the resolution of
LSSerializer-iucd-issue it probably won't be.

> As far as I am aware there are no implementations supporting either of
> these parameter being true.

pxdom supports both, but only on Python 2.3; earlier versions of the
unicodedata module do not provide character normalisation.

Andrew Clover