Re: DOM 3 Events: EventListeners and NodeFilters?

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:30:48 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org

Sanity check: What would coding a node filter into the event system do for
you that coding your event listeners to accept and test a filter wouldn't?
And is that difference important to you?

(I can see why filtering would be a useful metaphor here, but I don't yet
see a usecase for asking DOM implementations to deal with it rather than
having the application do so.)

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research