Re: DOM Level 3 Event's some weird stuff....

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 21:33:48 -0400
To: Christian Parpart <cparpart@surakware.net>
cc: www-dom@w3.org

> Of course, in C++ I can use the RTTI's dynamic_cast feature, but to
> dynamically cast (and test) the Node to an EventTarget (and check whether it
> has this interface or not). But this can't be the case since this is not
> really a good resolution.

Well..  as the spec also says (at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-DOM-Level-3-Events-20020712/events.html#Events-EventTarget):

  The EventTarget interface is implemented by all Nodes in an
  implementation which supports the DOM Event Model. Therefore, this
  interface can be obtained by using binding-specific casting methods on
  an instance of the Node interface.

So in fact, it _is_ expected that any Node will implement EventTarget
and that there is a method of getting from the Node interface to the
EventTarget interface...

Boris
--
Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure,
temperature, volume, humidity, and other variables, the