Re: DOM Level 3 Event's some weird stuff....

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 21:33:48 -0400
To: Christian Parpart <cparpart@surakware.net>
cc: www-dom@w3.org

> Of course, in C++ I can use the RTTI's dynamic_cast feature, but to
> dynamically cast (and test) the Node to an EventTarget (and check whether it
> has this interface or not). But this can't be the case since this is not
> really a good resolution.

Well..  as the spec also says (at

  The EventTarget interface is implemented by all Nodes in an
  implementation which supports the DOM Event Model. Therefore, this
  interface can be obtained by using binding-specific casting methods on
  an instance of the Node interface.

So in fact, it _is_ expected that any Node will implement EventTarget
and that there is a method of getting from the Node interface to the
EventTarget interface...

Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure,
temperature, volume, humidity, and other variables, the
organism will do as it damn well pleases.