Readonly question

From: Mark Hellegers <M.H.Hellegers@stud.tue.nl>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:19:40 +0100
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Hello,

I'm trying to implement the DOM core api in C++ and I'm not sure what the
specification means by readonly.
I read the definition of read only in the glossary, but it still doesn't
make much sense to me.

I see for example that in the Node interface, all the nodes connected with
it are readonly when retrieved. If I apply the definition in the glossary,
this means to me, that I can not change a node in a DOM tree once it has
been created, as you can only get at the nodes as readonly.

Is my understanding of the term readonly wrong here ?

Thanks for any help,

	Mark Hellegers

P.S: I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I didn't know where
else to ask and the FAQ and the search function for the mail archive are
not working.